Photo: Carl Frey, courtesy of Winter Park Resort
Winter Park Resort and Trestle Bike Park opened on Saturday, June 27, to hundreds of enthusiastic adventurers. The resort’s Gondola also opened, taking guests up to almost 12,000 feet for scenic hiking, biking and mountain top sight-seeing. Additional base-area services, including various restaurant options, bike rentals and some retail opened as well. Guests can sign up for guided tours and hikes, mini golf, and private biking lessons.
Winter Park Resort and Trestle Bike Park are open from 10 am to 5 pm, seven days a week through Labor Day. Winter Park has carefully reviewed all current orders and guidelines and modified its operations accordingly. The health and safety of Winter Park guests, employees and the community remain paramount. Because of new restrictions and guidelines, all on-mountain products and services, except food and beverage, will need to be booked online 48 hours prior to arrival.
Among modifications to summer operations are:
- Running the Gondola and other lifts to be compliant with capacity guidelines
- Opening some resort-owned restaurants for take-out only
- New signage to help with social distancing across the resort
- Requiring employees to go through a health screening before reporting to work
- Requiring employees with direct customer contact to wear face coverings
- Respectfully requesting that all guests also wear face coverings when on or inside resort property
- A contactless check-in process for all resort-owned lodging, where guests will check in via a Text Concierge.
To learn more, pre-book or reserve products and services, visit www.winterparkresort.com.