On Saturday, October 6th, Boulder’s Upslope Brewing Company is hosting their 4th annual Backcountry “Pop-Up” Tap Room in our backyard. Get ready to enjoy some good beers in the great outdoors… but, you’ll have to earn ’em!
This year’s Backcountry Tap Room will serve as the sneak preview release location of their brand new, limited edition winter seasonal, Spruce Tip IPA. Enjoy a family-friendly, day hike to soak up some brews and views!
The Pop-Up Bar will be located at the top of Grand Park in Fraser (follow the marked trails about 2.5 miles). Check-in begins at 10 am at Grand Park, the bar opens at 11 am and the event ends at 5 pm.
Clark Lipscomb said, “This is a unique event and we are excited to host this one. The top of Grand Park has absolutely gorgeous 360 degree views of the Fraser Valley!” adding participants will be in for a “real treat” as they hit the peak.
This year, Upslope has teamed up with the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics, and, 100% of the profits will go directly to Leave No Trace to support their 2019 Colorado Hot Spots. Tickets are $15 (event profits benefit Leave No Trace) and are available at eventbrite.com. Non-drinkers and children accompanied by a legal guardian are free.
All 21+ attendees will receive four drink tickets, good for one 12 oz can of their new Spruce Tip IPA and up to three more cans of any their 12 oz year-round styles. But your first taste won’t exactly be a walk in the park. Actually, it’ll be a walk in the woods. And, once you hike to the tap room, you’ll be treated to a beer suited perfectly for a fall day with some breathtaking views.
The Fine Print:
- Be sure to bring a valid ID.
- No overnight camping – event ends at 5 pm.
- No smoking.
- Furry friends are welcome, but must be on a leash at all times. Make sure to pick-up after your pup, too!
- Please be mindful of wildlife in the area and be sure to exercise Leave No Trace principles (pack it in, pack it out!).
- Alcohol consumption is permitted in designated event areas marked by the Backcountry Tap Room bar and should not extend on to trails.
- No refunds. Event is rain or shine.
Interested in volunteering? Sign-up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080c4baea82da5fd0-2018