Each year, USA Today assembles a panel of experts in a variety of categories to award recipients their annual 10Best honors. The experts partner with 10Best editors to pick 20 nominees in a given category and the popular vote determines the top ten. After 4 weeks of voting, the 2019 results were announced this week.
Best Ski Resort:
- Winter Park Resort – Winter Park, CO
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows – Olympic Valley, CA
- Mount Bohemia – Lac La Belle, MI
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort – Revelstoke, B.C.
- Copper Mountain – Copper Mountain, CO
- Telluride Ski Resort – Telluride, CO
- Crystal Mountain Resort – Enumclaw, WA
- Big Sky Resort – Big Sky, MT
- Stowe Mountain Resort – Stowe, VT
- Kicking Horse Mountain Resort – Golden, B.C.
Best Cross-Country Ski Resort:
- Devil’s Thumb Ranch – Tabernash, CO
- Snow Mountain Ranch – Granby, CO
- Bearskin Lodge and Resort – Grand Marais, MN
- ABR Trails – Ironwood, MI
- Stokely Creek Lodge – Goulais River, Ontario
- Tahoe Donner Cross Country Ski Center – Truckee, CA
- Breckenridge Nordic Center – Breckenridge, CO
- Tahoe Cross-Country Ski Area – Tahoe City, CA
- SilverStar Mountain Resort – Vernon, B.C.
- Great Glen Trails – Gorham, NH
This is the second year in a row that Winter Park Resort and Devil’s Thumb Ranch received top honors in their respective categories. Special mention goes to Snow Mountain Ranch, coming in a close second in the Best Cross-Country ski resort category.
“We’re thrilled to be named North America’s best ski resort, especially by readers of USA Today. Readers represent our guests across the country, and our top priority is to make sure every guest has an amazing time, no matter what adventure they choose. Whether they ski or snowboard, tube or snowshoe, or are really good at après, we’re honored they chose Winter Park as their favorite,” said Liz Agostin, Winter Park Resort director of marketing.
To find out more about USA Today’s 10Best, visit 10Best.com.