Have you heard the news? Colorado is the first state in the nation to offer residents the option to electronically transmit digital identification, vehicle registration and proof of insurance to law enforcement. myColorado provides secure and convenient access to state services anytime, anywhere! The mobile app’s features include access to important COVID-19 resources, COVID-19 alerts, benefits on Colorado PEAK®, Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) services, State of Colorado job opportunities, and technical support via chat.
You can now use your contactless Digital ID with Colorado State Patrol (CSP)! While CSP is the first and only law enforcement agency accepting Digital ID, the state has been actively engaging with local police and sheriff’s offices. Until full acceptance of the Digital ID is available at all local and state jurisdictions, residents should carry their physical driver license or state identification cards wherever they go.
Be prepared to use your Digital ID prior to a traffic stop:
- Download the latest version of the myColorado app
- Generate your Digital ID
- Add your vehicle registration and auto insurance card to the app Wallet
Traffic stops are as easy as 1, 2, 3 with your Digital ID:
- Scan the trooper’s QR code from your phone’s camera (iOS) -or- open the myColorado app and click the “Scan QR code” button within the Wallet page to scan the code (iOS and Android).
- Choose the information you want to share, including your vehicle registration and insurance card if previously added to the Wallet.
- Click “Share.” You’ll get a confirmation that your information was successfully sent to the trooper’s myColorado Portal. That’s it!
Note: If you decide not to share your information, you will be required to show your physical ID to the trooper.
For more information, visit mycolorado.state.co.us/home.