While many visitors come to Winter Park to enjoy the skiing and riding, you’d be surprised by the number of folks that never hit the slopes and instead choose adventures of a different type.
There are many ways to enjoy a visit to the Fraser Valley. It’s one of the reasons many of us have chosen to put down roots. While by no means a complete list, below is a sampling of some of the activities you can find close-by:
- There’s cross-country skiing at a nearby resort, or, out on one of the many local trails
- Go snowshoeing – you can go pretty much anywhere there’s snow, so go explore!
- Go fat tire biking – rent one of these fun bikes and get out on the trails
- Take a hot air balloon ride
- Go on a snowmobile tour with a local guide
- Go on a dog sled ride
- Take a sleigh ride
- Go snow tubing
- Take the kids sledding at Hideaway Park in downtown Winter Park
- Take a drive to Hot Sulphur Springs Resort and Spa and soak in the mineral-rich waters
- Drive to the western entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park and be sure to stop in the cozy town of Grand Lake while you’re there.
- Visit one of 5 local museums and learn about our history
- Hit a Day spa and pamper yourself
- Go shopping and bring a piece of Winter Park and the Fraser Valley home with you.
The Grand Park Recreation Center in Fraser features a water slide, a climbing wall and plenty of other activities to keep you busy. To view hours of operation and an activity schedule, visit fraservalleyrec.org
Got questions? Ask a local! They’re always happy to give you advice on things to do, where to go and where the best deals can be found.