December Holiday Events
- Break the Ice at Snow Mountain Ranch in Tabernash. Free guided snowshoe and nordic ski tours, s’mores and hot cocoa starting at 9 am. snowmountainranch.com
- Luminary Festival at Hideaway Park in downtown Winter Park from 4:30 – 6 pm. Activities include creating your own luminary bag to help light up Hideaway Park with a soft LED glow, free s’mores and hot cocoa, crafts, sledding and live music on the new stage. playwinterpark.com
- Christmas Eve at Granby Ranch features a reading of the Night Before Christmas at 2:30 pm followed by a visit from Santa at 3 pm in the Slopeside building. A Christmas Eve service will be held at 5 pm. granbyranch.com
- Christmas Eve Torchlight Parade at the base of Winter Park Resort. Festivities begin after the lifts close at 4 pm, with Christmas carols around the bonfire. The torchlight procession and fireworks begin at 5:30. A non-denominational Christmas Eve service will be held at West Portal Station at the resort base immediately after the show ends. winterparkresort.com
- Winter Adventure Festival at Hideaway Park in downtown Winter Park from 12 – 4 pm. Enjoy free s’mores and hot cocoa, crafts, sledding, human bowling, guided snowshoe and nordic ski tours, and, ice sculptures. playwinterpark.com
- Vintage Oval 1985 and Older Leaf Spring Sled Snowmobile Races in Grand Lake. grandlakechamber.com
- Full Moon Ski at Grand Lake Nordic Center (conditions permitting). grandlakerecreation.com
- New Year’s Eve Celebration at Hideaway Park in downtown Winter Park from 8:30 – 9:30 pm. Enjoy free s’mores and hot cocoa, sledding, and, watch the fireworks show starting at 9 pm. playwinterpark.com
- New Year’s Eve Torchlight Parade and Fireworks at Ski Granby Ranch. Several dinner, family and New Year’s options are available. granbyranch.com
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks in Grand Lake, over the lake at midnight. grandlakechamber.com
- Grand County Blues Society presents Too Slim & The Taildraggers at Smokin’ Moe’s Ribhouse & Saloon in Cooper Creek Square starting at 9 pm. grandblues.org
- Devil’s Thumb Ranch Resort presents Rob Drabkin and Full Band in the Broad Axe Barn starting at 10 pm. devilsthumbranch.com
- Rocky Mountain Repertory Theatre in Grand Lake hosts a special New Year’s Eve performance featuring Matilde Bernabei. Celebrate with party favors and a champagne toast, starting at 8 pm. rockymountainrep.com
Christmas Eve Torchlight Parade at Winter Park Resort
The annual holiday favorite begins with Christmas carols around the bonfire at the base next to the Zephyr Lift at 4pm. At 5:30pm a procession of torch-bearing skiers and riders begin their way down Lower Hughes trail, followed by Santa Claus and his merry helpers. A spectacular fireworks display and snowcats adorned with Christmas colors light up the slopes in a Christmas tree formation to conclude the festivities!
Immediately following the show at 6pm, visitors are welcome to attend a Christmas Eve non-denominational service located in West Portal Station.
New Festival This Season The Luminary Festival
Hideaway Park has been the center piece of summer festivals and music events for many years but this year will bring a series of new
festivals and events to the iconic park and stage. Here is one that you can play a role to help bring to life and do something a little bit different. Come and enjoy putting together your luminary bag and light up Hideaway Park with a soft LED Christmas glow! There will be hot chocolate, smore’s, and live music on the stage from 4:30-6pm. Saturday, December 23rd
Ring in the New Year at Devil’s Thumb Ranch’s Broad Axe Barn with The Rob Drabkin Full Band. Blending folk and rock, and touring with his band, featuring Brian McRae on drums, Bijoux Barbosa on bass, Eric Moon on keys, and Dave Preston on electric guitar, Drabkin has found a style and structure of music that is incredibly easy for listeners to digest. His new single, “Someday”, was released in August and has already exceeded one million plays on Spotify. The show starts at 10 pm.
Too Slim and the Taildraggers
Grand County Blues Society presents Nashville Blues Trio, Too Slim and the Taildraggers, at Smokin’ Moe’s Ribhouse & Saloon on New Year’s Eve. Following the release of their new album, Blood Moon, the band features lead singer/songwriter and mean blues guitarist, Tim “Too Slim” Langford, Jeff “Shakey” Fowlkes on drums and Robert Kearns on bass guitar. This will be a rockin’ great way to ring in 2018. The show starts at 9 pm.