Currently in Colorado, there are NO cases of COVID-19. The risk for Coloradans is low at this time.
People who are at the greatest risk for this virus are:
- People who recently traveled from China; or,
- Close contact with people that have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
There are many types of coronaviruses currently circulating in Colorado and the U.S. that cause respiratory illness. These illnesses are NOT COVID-19.
As with other respiratory viruses, it is recommended that people protect themselves and others by practicing everyday actions:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub when soap and water is not available.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid close contact with anyone that is experiencing symptoms of illness.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Get an annual flu vaccine if you have not had one.