In extraordinary times such as these, there is a lot of information floating around about the COVID-19 Pandemic. In the following pages, you will find a number of verified local resources that can help you navigate through the coming weeks and months. Much of the information has been gathered by the team at Grand County Rural Health Network. We appreciate their continued efforts to keep the people of our community informed on what is necessary, helpful and valuable. For the latest updates on resources, visit healthygrandcounty.org.
Grand County now has an active COVID-19 information hotline you can call for updates: (970) 725-3755. Sign up for email or text updates via Notify Me at: co.grand.co.us/COVID19NOTIFY.
To get the facts about about the the novel coronavirus, visit the Grand County Department of Health website at co.grand.co.us/220/Public-Health, Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment: covid19.colorado.gov or, Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov.
If you are concerned about your symptoms, please call your primary care provider or the nearest healthcare facility for guidance. Health care professionals work with county and state public health departments and the CDC to determine the need for COVID-19 testing.
Health Care Providers
Byer’s Peak Family Medicine
78878 US Hwy 40, Winter Park
Denver Health East Grand Community Clinic & Emergency Center
145 Parsenn Road, Winter Park
Fraser Medical Clinic
45 CR 804 Suite 210, Fraser
Middle Park Health – Emergency and Family Medicine, Surgical Center
Granby (970) 887-5800 | Grand Lake (970) 557-6044 | Kremmling (970) 724-3442 | Winter Park (970) 887-5839
City Market, Granby: (970) 887-7150
Safeway, Fraser: (970) 726-6920
Corona Pass Dental, Winter Park: (970) 726-8290
Granby Dental, Granby: (970) 887-3832
Winter Park Dental, Winter Park: (970) 726-5556
Winter Park Optical, Fraser (970) 726-5652
Grand County Rural Health Network
Office closed – Available via phone only (970) 725-3477.
- Any support for vulnerable populations, including: anyone over the age of 60; immunocompromised; people with chronic diseases such as heart and lung disease or diabetes; pregnant women.
- Care coordination services to help ensure navigating healthcare system, receiving care they need, etc;
- ACHES & PAINS financial assistance for acute medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmaceutical, and medical support needs;
- Health Coverage Guide to help enroll in health insurance, Medicaid, SNAP, LEAP, etc.
- Medical questions, prescription assistance, prescription delivery, etc.
Northwest Colorado Health
24/7 on-call nurse. Office hours M-F, 8am-5pm (970) 871-7629.
- Hospice and end of life care. Home health services to assist individuals recovering from illness and assistance managing long term chronic illness in the home. (RN, CNA, PT, OT, MSW).
- Essential medical services being delivered face to face.
- Supportive services via phone and then triaged based on need.
- Triage is three-fold, beginning with the intake coordinator and a welcome call from her to the patient and then by the clinicians themselves.
- Masks are required for each clinician to wear to each home and have been instructed to ask the questionnaire given to them that triages the patients’ condition.
Mountain Family Center
480 E Agate Ave, Granby
(970) 557-3186 | mountainfamilycenter.org
Food pantry pick up at doors or curbside:
Granby: Monday thru Friday, 9am-3pm
Kremmling: Monday thru Friday, 10am-2 pm
Walden: Wednesdays (for now) from 1- 4 pm
Office closed – Available by phone only (970) 887-3222
Delivery services of groceries (pharmacy pick up if possible) for seniors or disabled populations, or other high need household, as identified.
East Grand School District
Grab and go meals are free to all students who live in the East Grand School District during the school closures. It does not matter what school a student attends, they may pick up a grab and go meal each day at any location. Locations and pick up times are provided below. These may be adjusted as needed and updates will be provided on the EGSD Daily Update.
Grab & Go Meal Pick up Locations & Schedule
Important! Meals will not be available over spring break, March 30th – April 2nd. They will resume on Monday, April 6th – Thursday, April 9th:
- Fraser: Grand Park Community Rec Center 11-11:20am; Fraser Valley Elementary 11:30-11:50am; Wapiti 12-12:20pm
- Tabernash: FireHouse 12:30-12:45pm; Indian Peaks 12:50-1:10pm
- Granby: Granby Jones 11-11:20am; Granby Elementary 11:30-11:50am; Middle Park High School 12-12:20pm; Inn at Silvercreek 12:30-12:45pm
- Grand Lake: Juniper Library 11-11:20am; Soda Springs 11:30-11:50am
- Hot Sulphur Springs: Library 11-11:20am; Town Hall 11:30-11:50am
- West Grand School District Lunch and snack will be available for grades PK-12 beginning Monday, March 23. Details on locations and times to follow.
Outbreak of Kindness
A COVID-19 response initiative led by Church of the Eternal Hills, partnering with St. John’s Episicopal Church.
If you are a member of vulnerable populations (age 60 and over; chronic disease including heart, lung, or diabetes; immunocompromised; or are pregnant), volunteers will deliver (in a safe manner) food, medications, supplies, etc.
To sign up, go to: https://forms.gle/zWMzQ32BMt49rZ18A or call Church of the Eternal Hills at (970) 887-3603.
Grand County Senior Nutrition
Services provided via phone and referral.
- Meals provided for donation only to Resident Seniors over the age of 60.
- Providing three meal options via delivery to client’s home once per week
- Meals Delivered on Mondays
SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program)
To see if you qualify, please go to: colorado.gov/pacific/cdhs/supplemental-nutrition- assistance-program-snap. If you need assistance completing the application, please CALL one of the three agencies below:
- Mountain Family Center at (970) 557-3186
- Grand County Rural Health Network at (970) 725-3477
- Grand County Department of Human Services at (970) 725-3331
Grand County Human Services Offices
Closed in-person. Available via phone, email, fax, M-F 8:30am-5pm (970) 725-3331
Staff is working and available by phone, email and fax. Processing Food Assistance, Medicaid and all other services.
Housing and Utilities
Mountain Family Center
Available by phone appointment only.
Rental and Utility/Energy Assistance by phone or at the door. Mountain Family Center is also accepting and administering all applications for the Grand County Emergency Assistance Fund rental/mortgage/utility assistance, food insecurities and grocery access.
LEAP (Low Income Energy Assistance Program)
Emergency Assistance available. Please go to: colorado.gov/LEAP
If you need assistance in completing the application, contact one of the following agencies:
- Mountain Family Center (970) 557-3186
- Grand County Rural Health Network (970) 725-3477
- Northwest Colorado Center for Independence firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grand County Department of Human Services (970) 725-3331
Office Closed – Available via appointment only (970) 887-3222
Local medical (non-emergent) transportation to appointments in-County only.
Grand County Rural Health Network
Office Closed – Available via phone only (970) 725-3477
Vouchers for transportation for medical appointments.
Alpine Area Agency on Aging
Office Closed – Available via phone or email during normal business hours M-F 8:30am-5:00pm. (970) 468-0295
Transportation vouchers available.
Local and Regional bus transit service in the Fraser River Valley, currently operating on summer schedule.
TheLiftWP.com | (970) 726-4163
Mind Springs Health
Currently still open to provide face-to-face services in outpatient (therapy, case management, and medication management) and crisis services. Office hours are M-F, 8am-5pm M-F. (970) 887-2179. Phone services are available and will have telehealth services available for clients unable to come into the office. Will have remote access for crisis services as well.
Behavioral Health Navigation Services
Offered via phone or in person by request. M-Th by appointment only.
Sue Johnson (970) 531-4669
Services for those struggling with mental illness or substance abuse issues. Short term therapy provided at no cost, referrals to long term therapy and psychiatry and community resources. Removing barriers to accessing treatment.
People with Disabilities
Northwest CO Center for Independence
Services delivered by phone and referral, may deliver “drive by” supplies as needed (without physical contact). Contact Joy McCoy at email@example.com.
Independent Living Skills/Life training, family services, into. and referral, mobility training, options counseling, personal assistance and communication services, assistive technology, physical restoration services, benefits access and planning.
Pregnant Women and Families with Young Children
Pregnancy Resource Connection
Pick up by appointment; please call (970) 887-3617, 3 Ten Mile Drive, Granby Hours: 12-6pm, M&W; 9am-3pm T&Th; 9am-1pm F.
Diapers, wipes, and formula available
All services are being delivered via Zoom or phone 9am-4pm (970) 725-3391
Referrals to licensed child care, tuition assistance for licensed child care programs (operated through the programs), early childhood mental health services, and working with local child care programs.
Grand County Veterans Services
Office Hours: 24/7 Contact Duane Dailey (970) 509-9024 firstname.lastname@example.org
If unavailable, contact: Colorado Division of Veterans Affairs; east (303) 284-6077, or CDVA west (970) 257-3761
Medical questions: VA Health main line, Rocky Mountain Regional Medical Center (Aurora) (303) 399-8020.
- Enrollment of eligible veterans and dependents in VA Benefits, VA Health, VA Burial, Education & Training, Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment, Home Loans, and much more.
- Colorado State Benefits
Grand County CVSO additional services: Access to VTF & VAG grants for vets in need, Transportation to health care on first come first served if available. Headstone bases. Anything veteran-related.
Via phone, unless is a severe detriment to client. Then will screen for a face-to-face
Office: (970) 725-3442 | 24/7 Line: (970) 725-3412
Services for victims of domestic and sexual violence- 24/7 crisis line, safe housing, legal advocacy, medical advocacy, referrals
Outbreak of Kindness
A COVID-19 response initiative led by Church of the Eternal Hills, partnering with St. John’s Episcopal Church.
Home Services Support: Free services provided to members of vulnerable populations (age 60 and over; chronic disease including heart, lung, or diabetes; immunocompromised; or are pregnant), volunteers will deliver (in a safe manner) food, medications, supplies, etc.
To Volunteer to provide a variety of services, including delivering food, medications, supplies, etc. to vulnerable populations, people in quarantine or isolation, please go to: forms.gle or call Church of the Eternal Hills at (970) 887-3603.
Grand County Library District
All facilities closed – visit www.gcld.org
- Digital library card available, digital collection includes eBooks, eAudiobooks, Magazines, Streaming (adult and kids), Creativebug (crafts/arts), classes (Universal Class), research tools.
- WiFi expanded to 24 hours, available within a block of library
- Library staff is working and available by phone for questions and technical support.
Comcast is offering their Internet Essential Package free to low-income customers for 60 days https://www.internetessentials.com/
Income / Businesses / Self-Employed
Colorado Department of Labor Unemployment
Employees impacted by a reduction of hours or job loss can file a claim for unemployment at: colorado.gov/cdle/unemployment. Those with last names that begin with A-M are asked to file claims on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and after noon on Saturday; N-Z should file on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and before noon on Saturday.
COVID-19 Information for Employers & Employees:
Small Business Administration
Business Guidance & Loan Resources
East Grand School District Daily Updates: egsd.org
60+ Best Math Websites: weareteachers.com
Scholastic Learn at Home: scholastic.com/learnathome
Nat Geo for Kids: kids.nationalgeographic.com
ABC ya! (Practice math and reading skills): abcya.com
Into the Book (Practice reading strategies): reading.ecb.org
Switcheroo Zoo (Watch, listen and play games to learn about animals): switchzoo.com
Seussville (Read, play games with Dr. Seuss and friends): seussville.com
Fun Brain (Practice math & reading skills): funbrain.com
PBS Kids: pbskids.org
Star Fall (Practice phonics skills with read-along stories): starfall.com
Highlights Kids (Read, play games and conduct cool science experiments): highlightskids.com
Class Central (Free online Ivy League Courses): classcentral.com
Inside the Magic (Disney online educational resources): insidethemagic.net